Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I play Beyond the Gates of Antares
List of Beyond the Gates of Antares players and their armies.

Forum Handle Name Army
jaqenhgar Chris Rogers Freeborn
jjakaalbinoboy Jason James (JJ) Concord
will Will Ghar/Ghar Outcasts
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
I have been vaguely interested in this, how does it play?
DZC: UCM
DFC: UCM and PHR
Saga: Gall Gaidheal
Bolt Action: Heer Panzergrens
Warzone: Capitol
Epic: Orks and Marines
Necromunda, Mordheim, BFG, Frostgrave..basically anything that isn't 40K or the abomination that is Age of Sigmar.
(08-05-2018, 04:28 PM)hectorkmackenzie Wrote: I have been vaguely interested in this, how does it play?
Only just spotted this Hector.

I really like the game although haven't played in at least 6 months. The rules are relatively straightforward and you can have a good game even if you exclude at least half of the less commonly used stuff. I've only ever played games where you just try and kill each other, which were fun enough in themselves, but there are plenty of objective based missions from memory. The factions are pretty different from each other too so that keeps things very fresh.
The mechanics rely on lots of modifiers and mainly rolling d10s which makes a change from other systems I guess. It is also a pretty reasonable game cost wise to get into.
I think beasts of war do a couple of demo game videos that would be worth checking out to give you a flavour and if you're interested I should just about have enough models to do a demo game at some point if I can remember the rules!

Hope this has helped

George