Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Stream of Consciousness - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Society (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge Bar (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Stream of Consciousness (/showthread.php?tid=85)

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Stuart - 26-05-2011

No hobby related stuff to report so far this week, other than some quick de-burring of my first set of Malifaux models. Will probably try and take some models and paints away with us next week, in case the weather decides to put a literal damper on our holiday.

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Dark Wolf - 28-05-2011

i found a really good site too buy wahammer fantasy w40k and lotr it is called www.sircollectalot.co.uk

its cheaper than gifts for geeks and is very popular.

Tom.

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Dark Wolf - 03-06-2011

today i got my imperial gaurd codex and wondering what to buy.

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Stuart - 04-06-2011

Our stuff arrived from Dragon Forge while we were away. Really impressed with the heads destined for some of my Cadian/Catachan* Space Marines.

* I really must decide on a name for those...

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Luke the Squig - 04-06-2011

(04-06-2011, 08:10 PM)Stuart Wrote: Our stuff arrived from Dragon Forge while we were away. Really impressed with the heads destined for some of my Cadian/Catachan* Space Marines.

Love the look of my base. Slightly too small for the dragon, but I've managed to find a stone (a Cornish one) that will raise the back foot off the ground slightly, fixing the base and just adding to the overall effect.

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Stuart - 07-06-2011

Just got the bill from getting my car through the MOT - this time when I say I won't be buying many more miniatures for a while, I mean it!

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Simon - 07-06-2011

Just remember, u cant take money with you. When I peg it, I hope to go with massive debts mainly attributable to hobbies, children and an appetite for good curry !

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Stuart - 07-06-2011

(07-06-2011, 03:14 PM)Simon Wrote: Just remember, u cant take money with you.

As my dad would say, "You can't take it with you, so I'm not going."

(07-06-2011, 03:14 PM)Simon Wrote: When I peg it, I hope to go with massive debts mainly attributable to hobbies, children and an appetite for good curry !

I'll leave my miniatures to HMRC to do with as they see fit. Smile

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Stuart - 08-06-2011

Just taking a short breather at work today for the sake of my sanity, so I thought I'd make a list of all the "hobby" projects I've got outstanding.

In no particular order:

Warhammer Fantasy
  • Finish painting my Dwarf contigent from The Battle for Skull Pass.
  • Assemble and paint my Dwarf Battalion.
Warhammer 40K
  • Finish building a Land Raider (precise configuration to be decided).
  • Take stock of what Space Marines I have, and work out what else I need to be able to field an army.
  • Finish assembling and painting said Space Marines - once I've nailed the colour scheme.
Lord of the Rings
  • Assemble the remaining 24 Warriors of the Last Alliance
  • Paint all 96 Warriors of the Last Alliance!
  • Paint the 6 Galadhrim Knights.
  • Finish off painting Erestor.
  • Paint Elrond, Gil-Galad, and the pair of Elf Command figures.
Malifaux
  • Assemble and paint the Mercenaries, Ronin, Rusty Alice and Hans.
  • Pick up or make some cobblestone bases for them all.
Bushido
  • Assemble and paint the five Temple of Ro-Kan figures.
Warmachine
  • Assemble and paint the contents of my Cygnar battlebox.
Terrain & Scenery
  • Finish prepping the Warhammer Fortress, then paint it.
  • Give some thought to Malifaux and Bushido scenery.
And just generally keep reading up on rules, taking notes and making crib sheets. While trying not to buy anything else...

RE: Stream of Consciousness - Gareth - 08-06-2011

I tried to write a list like that (updating, painting, building) for my signature. Ran out of characters, it was more annoying than 140 char limit on twitter.