Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Conquest of Sladus 4. 40k Escalation campaign (Full) - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Conquest of Sladus 4. 40k Escalation campaign (Full) (/showthread.php?tid=3253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Campaign to be named later - jjakaalbinoboy - 29-01-2018

Cheers Russell! I actually got the codex on Saturday too. Shiney things!

Just need to wait till payday until my wargaming budget is refreshed and I can actually buy some models lol

RE: Campaign to be named later - Fitz - 01-02-2018

Sporadic again! (I will get better...promise). Having painted units always reroll against seems a bit OP and an unfair advantage for players with an established army. Something I wanted to avoid from the start (like the campaign using units army lists that remain the same week-to-week, just increase in points with additional units)

However. The use of a stratagem seems a good idea to try and limit a potential sea of grey plastic.

I may also include a similar game mechanic as to a previous dfc campaign and have held locations provide bonuses. likely in the form of custom stratagems.

RE: Campaign to be named later - LukeR - 02-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 09:22 PM)Fitz Wrote: Sporadic again! (I will get better...promise). Having painted units always reroll against seems a bit OP and an unfair advantage for players with an established army. Something I wanted to avoid from the start (like the campaign using units army lists that remain the same week-to-week, just increase in points with additional units)

However. The use of a stratagem seems a good idea to try and limit a potential sea of grey plastic.

I may also include a similar game mechanic as to a previous dfc campaign and have held locations provide bonuses. likely in the form of custom stratagems.

Agree with it being a Stratagem to prevent it being to powerful. Like the sound of the custom stratagems, that could be quite fun!

Just one question - if we're going from Combat Patrol M1 to a Patrol detachment M2, the Patrol detachment actually has less slots in it the Combat Patrol, just no restrictions on models. I was planning on taking 4-5 troops in the Combat Patrol which is allowed, but the Patrol detachment only allows 3! So at the patrol stage is it a single patrol detachment, or can we use a double patrol detachment?

Just trying to figure out what models I need to pick up first, as don't want to spend my monthly hobby budget on a bunch of models I can't use for a few months  Smile

RE: Campaign to be named later - Fitz - 02-02-2018

I will probably use the combat patrol in lieu of the standard patrol

RE: Campaign to be named later - Simian - 02-02-2018

so are we using combat patrol first and second round?

with the steps as they currently are i never get enough PL in one step to add a GUO in one round, can i take less PL initially to then add it later?

RE: Campaign to be named later - Russell - 02-02-2018

(02-02-2018, 03:00 PM)Simian Wrote: so are we using combat patrol first and second round?

with the steps as they currently are i never get enough PL in one step to add a GUO in one round, can i take less PL initially to then add it later?

I Had assumed that - I figured it left me exposed by choice in 1 round for the payoff in the next round - some of my units are too pricey as well

RE: Campaign to be named later - jjakaalbinoboy - 02-02-2018

Can someone clarify what a combat patrol is or where the rules are? I'm only getting the option in Battlescribe for a Patrol Detachment, not a Combat Patrol Detachment?

(02-02-2018, 08:56 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Can someone clarify what a combat patrol is or where the rules are? I'm only getting the option in Battlescribe for a Patrol Detachment, not a Combat Patrol Detachment?

It was posted on the first page

(02-02-2018, 06:43 PM)Russell Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 03:00 PM)Simian Wrote: so are we using combat patrol first and second round?

I Had assumed that - I figured it left me exposed by choice in 1 round for the payoff in the next round - some of my units are too pricey as well

It makes sense, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t gaming the system some how!

I’ll go 4pl down game one and burn the lot game 2 on a GUO

RE: Campaign to be named later - jjakaalbinoboy - 03-02-2018

Thanks Ben but where are those rules for the Combat Patrol from? I'm curious why it isn't selectable in battlescribe?

What's a GUO?