Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Eighth Edition - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Eighth Edition (/showthread.php?tid=3107)

Pages: 1 2 3

Eighth Edition - Brightblade - 31-05-2017

Having read a lot of rumours I am quite excited by this new edition. I am going to be buying in and was curious what other people were thinking or intending? Rather than being a rumour thread like the other I thought it would be nice to chat about the future of 40k at the club?

Whaddya reckon? You in? Or out?

RE: Eighth Edition - LukeR - 31-05-2017

(31-05-2017, 06:04 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Having read a lot of rumours I am quite excited by this new edition. I am going to be buying in and was curious what other people were thinking or intending? Rather than being a rumour thread like the other I thought it would be nice to chat about the future of 40k at the club?

Whaddya reckon? You in? Or out?

I'll be in - looks exciting to me as well.

RE: Eighth Edition - Brightblade - 31-05-2017

Well, that's a relief. I thought for a while there was no interest in it. I'm going to expand my armies a little with the new toys but am really glad that all the odd units may come back into play!

RE: Eighth Edition - will - 31-05-2017

I'll be playing eighth as well, will probably expand one of my armies with new shinies, if/when they get some!

RE: Eighth Edition - LukeR - 31-05-2017

(31-05-2017, 06:53 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Well, that's a relief. I thought for a while there was no interest in it. I'm going to expand my armies a little with the new toys but am really glad that all the odd units may come back into play!

I'm very interested and I will be buying the starter set in a couple of months - but will be getting the indexes on launch hopefully. Definitely excited to use some of the odd units making a comeback.

RE: Eighth Edition - jjakaalbinoboy - 31-05-2017

I'll be playing it too, may even start a new army, Matt P mentioned doing a new tale of x gamers thing with the new edition...

RE: Eighth Edition - jaqenhgar - 01-06-2017

yeah i'm interested. hoping that dreadnoughts will be ok to take now, they are the thing that made me love 40k in the first place! If they are reasonable (not even great, just ok) I would love to start a new chapter which is dread heavy (I have plenty of marines wanting a paint job). Also for the tale of x gamers i am thinking of starting a small skitarii force, or a genestealer cult.

RE: Eighth Edition - LukeR - 01-06-2017

(31-05-2017, 10:30 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I'll be playing it too, may even start a new army, Matt P mentioned doing a new tale of x gamers thing with the new edition...

I'd be up for doing a Tale of X Gamers - I've got a load of assorted Imperial Guard which need making/painting and adding to.

RE: Eighth Edition - Brightblade - 01-06-2017

I've had a good look at the eldar, marine and Blood Angel info and the rules read fluffy and cool. The game seems a bit more ruthless but it seems fair, as in everything can bring the pain.

Dreadnoughts do read well. Especially the blood angel variants so I will be fielding them. I always tended to anyway because they are cool but they did tend to be one shot ponies. All vehicles look a bit more durable as nothing can get one shotted but then every mini can shoot at what it wants now so...

I don't know. I'm no expert. Tonight I'll look at csm and harlequin rules. Modelling wise for this edition I'm going to build up harlequins, genestealer cults and deathwatch. Maybe start something new? Maybe return to my orkses for giggles! Glad folk are interested.

It does look like fun.

RE: Eighth Edition - Russell - 02-06-2017

I'm well up for 8th - i've got pretty tired on 7th! more than happy to be part of a tale of x gamers