Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
500 Pt escalation Campaign - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: 500 Pt escalation Campaign (/showthread.php?tid=2373)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - manrogue - 09-02-2015

They have to be CAD's yes, no unbound or formations.

And new page, so edit in info-
(02-02-2015, 10:27 AM)manrogue Wrote: Summary/update so far-
500pts starting point.
Must fill out mandatory slots in your CAD (ie HQ, 2 Troops).
No allies.
Only one OF EACH unit from each slot bar troops. (ie 2 HQ, 3 Elites, 3 Fast attack, 3 Heavy support) but no repeats. So no triple riptide, only one allowed, then crisis suits then stealth suits etc.
2 of each Dedicated transport allowed max. For Eldar, falcons can be taken as dedicated transports
2 Flyer/FMC max. No swooping/flying until 1250Pts for both.
Whatever unit you choose must stay in you army,the only thing that can be changed is upgrades at month end when you gain your 250 points.
Low Allowed
No Super Heavies
Losing 3 games in a row increase your point allowance to 300 for next month.
Invisibility nerf in effect
Chaos only can summon, 1 unit max per turn.
Maybe something to stop certain MC's
No AV14 till 1250 Pts has been reached?
4' x 4' till 1000 Pts, 6' x 4' for 1250Pts plus

Missed anything?

Players so far
Thom - Dark Angels
Tom - Dark Angels
Kev - Space Wolves
Vince - Blood Angels
Baal Dave - Blood Angels
Dave - Sisters of battle
JJ - Eldar

Dan E - Tyranids
Will - Tyranids
Dann B - Necrons
Sam - Orks
Chris - Dark Eldar
Shucky - Chaos
Charlotte - Chaos Space Marines
Matt - Alpha Legion (30K) (maybe?)

Anyone i have missed?
Currently have 16 by my calculations if all the above is correct, split into three groups roughly according to forces (imperial 6, Chaos/Dark 5 and own goals5).

Could do with one more for each of the groups (bar imperials) if anyone knows someone interested?

Not a massive issue as we have a very good core, would just balance numbers.

Could the 2 Dave's confirm their forces as well please?

Lol please see above people. To clarify, you can have 2 HQ, 3 FA, Elite and Heavy, just no repeats. This isn't designed to be a competitive free for all, just a fun campaign. I thought it was clear but will tidy it up as maybe it wasn't then Big Grin
You can also have vehicle squadrons (ie buy one Landspeeder, then upgrade to add extra 1 etc and counts as a single unit)

Please drop lists here

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - Fitz - 09-02-2015

I need to change my list. I need ! HQ, 2 troops and 1 Elite Minimum.

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - Dedwoods42 - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 07:16 PM)Baalborn87 Wrote: Do the armies have to be Combined Arms?

Not as far as I understand - any Battle Forged Detachment should do it. E.G. I'm using a Hive Fleet Detachment.

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - Alpharius - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 08:07 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 07:16 PM)Baalborn87 Wrote: Do the armies have to be Combined Arms?

Not as far as I understand - any Battle Forged Detachment should do it. E.G. I'm using a Hive Fleet Detachment.

If my minis turn up in time i was planning on using the battles in the age of darkness force org unless you want me to run with CAD

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - Fitz - 10-02-2015

I might be getting confused. In the codex. The FoC in the BA codex has 1-HQ, 2-Troops and 1-Elite.

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - Dedwoods42 - 10-02-2015

Vince is confusing things ;-)

Vince - do you specifically mean that we're limited only to the Combined Arms Detachment found in the rulebook - or any Detachment (such as the ones found in codices and supplements, E.G. The Decurion, the Hive Fleet Detachment)? They are still Battle Forged - and not formations.

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - manrogue - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 12:49 PM)Baalborn87 Wrote: I might be getting confused. In the codex. The FoC in the BA codex has 1-HQ, 2-Troops and 1-Elite.

Thats a special CAD (the baal strike force) that allows an additional Elite but you must take a compulsary Elite.

You can either use the Rulebook CAD (compulsory 1 HQ, 2 Troops, Optional upto 4 troops and upto 3 fast, Elite and Heavy selections)

Or Baal strike force CAD (compulsory 1 HQ, 2 Troops, 1 Elite Optional upto 4 troops and upto 3 fast, Elite and Heavy selections)

Hope that makes sense?

(10-02-2015, 12:58 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 12:49 PM)Baalborn87 Wrote: I might be getting confused. In the codex. The FoC in the BA codex has 1-HQ, 2-Troops and 1-Elite.

Thats a special CAD (the baal strike force) that allows an additional Elite but you must take a compulsary Elite.

You can either use the Rulebook CAD (compulsory 1 HQ, 2 Troops, Optional upto 4 troops and upto 3 fast, Elite and Heavy selections)

Or Baal strike force CAD (compulsory 1 HQ, 2 Troops, 1 Elite Optional upto 4 troops and upto 3 fast, Elite and Heavy selections)

Hope that makes sense?

Cool, so Special Detachments are in. They aren't CADs though ;-)

RE: 500 Pt escalation Campaign - manrogue - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 12:54 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: Vince is confusing things ;-)

Vince - do you specifically mean that we're limited only to the Combined Arms Detachment found in the rulebook - or any Detachment (such as the ones found in codices and supplements, E.G. The Decurion, the Hive Fleet Detachment)? They are still Battle Forged - and not formations.
Decurian is not a CAD, its a build of Formations as i understand it?
The hive fleet is still a CAD in every sense, just a special kind of CAD with further restrictions etc.
I talk in gaming speak a lot of the time as i spend a lot of time on wargaming threads lol, hence the use of CAD to describe anything that follows a FOC. Apologies for any confusion caused. Tongue

The Decurion is a detachment - it just happens to be made up of formations rather than units.
CAD = Combined Arms Detachment, which is where much of the confusion comes from. Different Detachments confer different rules so should be maintained as separate entities. Also I'm fussy about wording - RAW vs RAI :-P