Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
What is 2014 bringing us? - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Other Games (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Forum: Role-playing Games (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What is 2014 bringing us? (/showthread.php?tid=2162)

Pages: 1 2

What is 2014 bringing us? - Khronic - 10-08-2014

Hi folks,
Thought I would liven up this section of the forum!

I've never participated in tabletop RPG's and feel like I am missing out!

Are there people interested here in any particular systems?
Is 2014 bringing the RedWarSoc some RPG goodness?

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - manrogue - 10-08-2014

There used to be a few guys that Jim used to GM for that did the various 40K RPG's, not sure why but they stopped doing it.

I would be interested in participating if it was a once a month thing so i could still mini war game without to many issues.

What was you thinking about running/doing Dan?

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - Khronic - 11-08-2014

I wouldn't be able to GM unfortunately as my experience is very minimal.

40k systems sound like an idea though!

Once a month seems the best strategy to take as to not interrupt the usual game haunts people have.

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - manrogue - 11-08-2014

I Have never done an RPG myself, as mentioned though would be interested to give it a go.

Wouldn't mind any of - 40K RPG's, Anima, Star wars.

If there was interest in the Anima or star wars one, i would spring for the book/GM kit. 40K ones i think existing members have them already.

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - Khronic - 11-08-2014

Sounds like we could arrange something along those lines yes!

Any of those sound like fun!

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - jimbobabob - 17-08-2014

Our group fell apart due to serious health problems striking down several members. If you're starting 40k roleplay then i recommend the new second edition of dark heresy, its a much better rules set and has only just come out so should be easier to acquire

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - Simian - 18-08-2014

the 40k dark heresy system is good, its been one my RPG group has done before.

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - aprilmanha - 18-08-2014

I have GM'ed one Pathfinder game before, though I did play very loose with the rules and made alot of stuff up as we went along. It was fun but I understand that is not how alot of people enjoy their games Big Grin

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - Simian - 18-08-2014

pathfinder is my main RPG, love the freedom it allows.

RE: What is 2014 bringing us? - Cookie101 - 18-08-2014

if people want to give this a try I don't mind throwing my hand in as another player, done a tiny bit of RPG, mostly either fantasy or dark heresy(I think, it was 40k, and we were mostly chaos human/chaos marines, I basically make a khrone berserker and threw myself into hordes of guardsman and ate them for dinner (literally as it turned out my dude had a downside of being a cannibal))