Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Alan's Hobby Log - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Hobby (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Personal Hobby Logs (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alan's Hobby Log (/showthread.php?tid=2064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Gareth - 13-03-2016

The flame effect looks good. I would like to see this up close.

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - jjakaalbinoboy - 13-03-2016

Love that model. Puts my FW Daemon Prince to shame!

[Image: BoqCyQ_CYAAB4lV.jpg]

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agincourt - 13-03-2016

Very nice Alan... very nice indeed...

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agent0range - 16-03-2016

(13-03-2016, 08:04 PM)Gareth Wrote: The flame effect looks good. I would like to see this up close.

Of course!

[Image: 2vvrgb7.jpg]

I followed this GW video for every step, including the flame which can be found at 12:45.

It's not quite as tidy as the GW video....my orange layer colour was a bit funny.

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Stuart - 16-03-2016

Lovely work sir!

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agent0range - 20-03-2016

Three FW Rapier laser destroyers done, using the Next Level Painting (16:36) technique for the tracks.

[Image: o9j0w1.jpg]
[Image: 2ic9y5e.jpg]

...and a closeup of one of the guns.

[Image: iw1wr5.jpg]

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agent0range - 09-06-2016

Long time no post. So work has got in the way of a whole load of things. I've recently painted a few more guardsmen, and finished my second Maulerfiend.

[Image: 2yttqvm.jpg]
[Image: 2nb4wm8.jpg]

Also, I've finished putting together my renegade knight. It took a lot longer than I was expecting, because I've gone to town and magnetised everything. I've even converted up a second Gatling canon out of spare forgefiend autocannon parts, so I can run the double gatling variant that Chaos can do Smile I'm looking to follow this tutorial for my knight painting, other than also adding the bloody chaos star and white script writing you see on the GW renegade knight. So I've tested out something new to my hobby arsenal, and that's AK Interactive's Streaking Grime....and I've got to say I love the result!

I was rather sparing on the side of the tank....
[Image: 2ef8e3m.jpg]

....but went to town on the front.
[Image: 2508byc.jpg]

This streaking grime is fantastic stuff and really easy to apply. I brush it away with odourless mineral spirits and it seems to behave fine with unprotected paint too, so doesn't need varnish. The side of the tank didn't have any varnish put on it, but the rest of the tank did. I wanted to see if the mineral spirits and the streaking grime reacted to the acrylic paint that's unprotected and it seems to be fine.

Onto base coating the Knight this weekend (if I get chance).

Once the knight is done, I'm fully painted for Cally too!

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Stuart - 09-06-2016

Loving the Maulerfiends, and that grime effect is excellent.

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - Agincourt - 10-06-2016

Thanks for links to tutorials as you go matey.

Yeah this is really nice work Alan.

RE: Alan's Hobby Log - jaqenhgar - 10-06-2016

Love the maulerfiend, careful he doesn't get immobilised on those rocks though!