Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Battlefield Birmingham IV - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Battlefield Birmingham IV (/showthread.php?tid=1617)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Battlefield Birmingham IV - Nick1988 - 06-10-2013

(05-10-2013, 10:12 PM)Gareth Wrote: Did you see the rd4 draw before you left? If not it's here.

Bring it ooooooon!! :p purge the alien anyone?

Game against Rob was................. A draw! Boooooooooo! Haha turn 5 id lost 11 marines and 1 centurion. Everything else was still going strong. Rob had two 2 man dire avengers left and his warlord. I had the relic (the mission was a combination of the relic and emperors will) his avengers had his objective and mine was clear (if id ran my marines instead of shooting i would have had mine, dumbass!!) so after killing all 7 tanks and all the infantry barring 4 one big mistake cost the the victory! Bit of an anti climax but it was a great game!!

Won my final game against a horrible Tau list! It was kill points so I had an advantage from the start by having less than half the points available. Ended up tabling him turn 5 after only losing a storm raven and 5 marines! After looking at the points table, if I'd done the right thing against Rob (running my marines) or if it'd gone to turn 6 I would have been top 2 (providing I still won my 2nd game).

If someone had said at the start I would have finished the weekend with 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss I would have taken it so I'm really happy with my army and how I played for 90% of my games. As I said after the last event I'd recommend BB to anyone that plays 40k. All nice people, decent location and run very well!

RE: Battlefield Birmingham IV - Embolden - 06-10-2013

One thing to add to game4... Could have charged my warlord into the unit holding relic and killed that unit off, giving me the win... But I played for a turn6 and try to get at least some points out the game...

Game5 a mirror match of army (not opponent) game1, played ituch better on kps it was 5-4 to my opponent turn4... Ended 10-5 and plus linebreaker.

Nick you finished 10th mate! Awesome job.

I thurrally enjoyed myself and already looking forward to the next event!

RE: Battlefield Birmingham IV - jaqenhgar - 06-10-2013

BigRob and I had an epic round 4 match which all came down to the last dice roll on turn 7 to see if I won or if it was a draw - needed an 8 or less to pass morale on a unit and rolled...an eight! So I scraped a win - great game.

Lost my last game getting comprehensively tabled by an Eldar player - In fact the third time I was tabled in the tournament! So I ended on 30th with 2 wins and 3 losses - a not too shabby 30th out of 54.

Nick was carrying the flag for Redwarsoc with his 10th place! Some of the lists there sounded nasty, don't think I faced the hardest ones by any means since I didn't get above table 12.

All nice opponents, well run, looking forward to the next one.

(06-10-2013, 05:40 PM)Embolden Wrote: One thing to add to game4... Could have charged my warlord into the unit holding relic and killed that unit off, giving me the win... But I played for a turn6 and try to get at least some points out the game...

Game5 a mirror match of army (not opponent) game1, played ituch better on kps it was 5-4 to my opponent turn4... Ended 10-5 and plus linebreaker.

Nick you finished 10th mate! Awesome job.

I thurrally enjoyed myself and already looking forward to the next event!

Yeah thats true, turn 5 was full of super tough decisions for both of us! After thinking about it i was relying way to much on turn 6 happening.

Well chuffed with 10th though Smile way above my expectations!

RE: Battlefield Birmingham IV - Nick1988 - 09-10-2013

Congrats to Chris on most sporting!! Kept that one quiet :p although your modesty may be part of the reason you won!!

Well done dude Smile

RE: Battlefield Birmingham IV - Stuart - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 10:51 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Congrats to Chris on most sporting!! Kept that one quiet :p although your modesty may be part of the reason you won!!

Well done dude Smile

Ditto that, bravo Chris! Cool

RE: Battlefield Birmingham IV - jaqenhgar - 10-10-2013

Thanks guys, yes I am officially good at losing!

RE: Battlefield Birmingham IV - Embolden - 10-10-2013

Yea, congrats Chris! Enjoy your free trip bbv!