Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Putting on a show - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: The Society (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Club Matters (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Putting on a show (/showthread.php?tid=147)

Putting on a show - Simon - 25-05-2011

These are early thoughts..but just to give ppl a heads up about what may be coming up.

If the club numbers swell over the next couple of months, I'd like to try and put a on a show sometime next year.

As this will take some organising it would probably be later in the year, maybe mid-late September, but depending on how things go over the next few months we could go for june/july.

There's is also the possibility of doing something at Cool by the Pool this year, I'll keep ppl posted on this one.

RE: Putting on a show - Luke the Squig - 12-06-2011

I have been thinking about this idea recently, as I have noticed that pretty much every week we see at least one or two new faces, so if it continues, we'll have quite a club going by June/July next year. Reckon we could even try and get a table at the UK Games Expo next year, if we're lucky Big Grin. I think that we've got a good variety of games going on now, so it may just be something to think about.

RE: Putting on a show - Etched Oracle - 13-06-2011

What would we do at a show? Just out of curiosity as I've never had the opportunity to see a club promote itself in such a way.

If anything happens with Cool By The Pool let me know, I live literally right next to where it's hosted at the pond/pool, so my house is available as a staging ground.

RE: Putting on a show - Simon - 13-06-2011

At the very least it would involve some of us wearing silly t shirts !

Given that there a few ppl interested in building war boards, we should be able to knock up a couple for some demo games.

Then there's the participation stuff, a few trade stands, and other clubs invited along to setup and play one of their demo games.

It would also give use the chance to have a few games running from 10am until 6pm.

Might also be possible to combine the day/days with earlswood as there tends to be a lot of fantasy stuff going on with us, and more historical with them.

These are just all random thoughts at present.

RE: Putting on a show - Stuart - 13-06-2011

(13-06-2011, 12:26 PM)Simon Wrote: At the very least it would involve some of us wearing silly t shirts !

I'm in!

RE: Putting on a show - Etched Oracle - 13-06-2011

Seconded!

Sillyness mode engaged Big Grin

I'd be up for taking part and helping out and like I said, the house is available for our storage/break/random needs.

RE: Putting on a show - Stuart - 20-06-2011

(25-05-2011, 04:49 PM)Simon Wrote: There's is also the possibility of doing something at Cool by the Pool this year, I'll keep ppl posted on this one.

There's the Morton Stanley Festival too.