Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Other Games (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc (/showthread.php?tid=1366)

checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - Cookie101 - 25-02-2013

Calling all players of the minecrafts!

after a chat with Stuart, Luke and a few other members on the way home from last Tuesday, realised that most if not all of our members might all be mine craft players.

so I, the mighty but humble cookie, would like to know if anyone would be interest in setting up a mine craft server for the club to play on.

this isn't saying its gonna happen, its just to see how many people would like it if we could do it.

so vote and comment on this topic to say ye or nae for a redwarsoc mine craft server.

Mine crafters unite!
[Image: minecraftersunite_zps73bfe05d.png]

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - Stuart - 25-02-2013

I'll move this to the video game forum Sam.

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - Totalwarplayer22 - 26-02-2013

I plan to get minecraft on the CPU so that would be nice

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - Dark Wolf - 28-02-2013

love the game would be up for this as its awesome

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - 40knerd99 - 17-03-2013

Would be awesome I would play it or anything you want because I like minecraft a lot, my mates making a tektit server so maybe one of those would be good. If not we could just go on Xbox.

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - Cookie101 - 17-03-2013

well lucky for you lot I've been doing some nosing about renting a server, and its can be done, it'll however cost between £3 and £10 a month depending on what mods we want (if we want mods) and how many people we want on the server. this option means that someone wouldn't have to run the server from their computer.

or if someone has a really good computer and doesn't mind being an admin, we can ask them to host the server from their computer, this means that we can adjust the server on the fly and its wont cost us anything apart from the guys electric and internet bill.

so we have options, its just a case of everyone sitting down and agreeing on a plan, or if we even want a minecraft server (which would be cool to have in my opinion.)

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - 40knerd99 - 21-03-2013

(17-03-2013, 01:55 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: well lucky for you lot I've been doing some nosing about renting a server, and its can be done, it'll however cost between £3 and £10 a month depending on what mods we want (if we want mods) and how many people we want on the server. this option means that someone wouldn't have to run the server from their computer.

or if someone has a really good computer and doesn't mind being an admin, we can ask them to host the server from their computer, this means that we can adjust the server on the fly and its wont cost us anything apart from the guys electric and internet bill.

so we have options, its just a case of everyone sitting down and agreeing on a plan, or if we even want a minecraft server (which would be cool to have in my opinion.)
At the moment I am quiet broke, but my computer will be good enough, I don't know the specs, but I know it can run any minecraft mod, the question is can it run them on a server? Anyway, it can run quiet grapchical games such as skyrim with a hell of a lot of mods and it can run them smoothlyBig Grin of course my brother has an epic computer, but he dosen'nt have minecraft on PC Sad I think we should do a tekkit server.

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - 40knerd99 - 21-03-2013

(17-03-2013, 01:55 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: well lucky for you lot I've been doing some nosing about renting a server, and its can be done, it'll however cost between £3 and £10 a month depending on what mods we want (if we want mods) and how many people we want on the server. this option means that someone wouldn't have to run the server from their computer.

At the moment I am quiet broke, but my computer will be good enough, I don't know the specs, but I know it can run any minecraft mod, the question is can it run them on a server? Anyway, it can run quiet grapchical games such as skyrim with a hell of a lot of mods and it can run them smoothlyBig Grin of course my brother has an epic computer, but he dosen'nt have minecraft on PC Sad

RE: checking for interest for a possible minecraft server for redwarsoc - Cookie101 - 21-03-2013

(21-03-2013, 09:50 AM)40knerd99 Wrote: At the moment I am quiet broke, but my computer will be good enough, I don't know the specs, but I know it can run any minecraft mod, the question is can it run them on a server? Anyway, it can run quiet grapchical games such as skyrim with a hell of a lot of mods and it can run them smoothlyBig Grin of course my brother has an epic computer, but he dosen'nt have minecraft on PC Sad

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server
check that wiki page on running a server

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server/Requirements
server requirements

http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/
do this link and do what it says this will tell you how many people you can have on a server at once.