Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - GoNecrons - 31-01-2013

(31-01-2013, 01:04 PM)Simian Wrote: Right so with rob and Ben's revelation that i dont get interceptor past the end of my turn on the contemptor (been playing/reading that wrong, sorry!) im going to have to revise my list.... Watch this space

I read it differently. If you have not moved that turn ...... you get the rules Skyfire and interceptor.

So in my turn you can shoot (as you have not moved, you can't) a flyer/deep striker with the intercept rule at your standard balistic skill with skyfire.

On your turn you have to stay still to use these rules. If you move you will have to snap shoot flyers and lose intercept. I know of only two ways of something to deep strike in your own movement phase so it should not crop up.

The death marks can deep strike in your movement phaze if you have a deep striker. The HQ Big Z can grant this skill army wide to any deep strikers in the codex incluidng my flyers. I have had two night scythes on the board turn 1 before Dodgy

Note
We played the dread as having a 4+ inv. It is only a 5+. I doubt if it changed anything. Tongue

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Simian - 31-01-2013

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying we were playing it right with the contemptor??

Re inv save, i realised when i checked my book after I got back, I can only apologise, I was going to when I was at the club next. I blame my rushing through my turns. Again sorry.

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - GoNecrons - 31-01-2013

(31-01-2013, 01:28 PM)Simian Wrote: Not sure what you mean? Are you saying we were playing it right with the contemptor??

Re inv save, i realised when i checked my book after I got back, I can only apologise, I was going to when I was at the club next. I blame my rushing through my turns. Again sorry.

I think you are playing it right at the moment yes.

No worries dude. Like I said I don't think it made a difference. You would have been on 1 hull point not 2. Still up and running and shotting my stuff from the skys.

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Embolden - 31-01-2013

Hey rob I believe the term turn is vague, in the RB it states turn is player turn unless otherwise specified so the skyfire and intercept will end at the end of the player turn, or that's how I read it... It's all pretty vague and I'm not sure how Harry will interpret the rules at the event.

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Sincilbanks - 31-01-2013

I was agreeing with Rob's interpretation of "turn" rather than the possibility it meant you couldn't intercept in the opposing players turn...

Indeed, I believe that the rule is *meant* to say the unit *gains* skyfire and intercept at the end of the owning player turn where it does not move (Assuming that if you run it in the shooting phase that counts as moving, also consolidating after being assaulted? Who can tell.. Smile ) I see nowhere that says that Skyfire and intercept are only *available* for that player turn, only that you can *acquire* skyfire and intercept during your own player turn.

Rob's right though, better check with the tourney organiser. I'd very much doubt you won't be able to intercept in the opposing players turn after not moving in your own player turn but you never know...

Still if you will use cheesy FW stuff, you deserve everything you get Big Grin

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Nick1988 - 31-01-2013

Thanks for the games today Matt! Defoe think I'm gonna go for a change of tactics!

So who's up for Sunday?

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Sincilbanks - 01-02-2013

Yes, I think I can make Sunday...

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Nick1988 - 01-02-2013

Good stuff Smile

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - GoNecrons - 01-02-2013

I can't make it Sunday but have mentioned to a few of the local gamers too. So should be a few differnet armies and people to play. Vanilla/blood marines, Blood/Wolves and pure Eldar.

they have an apoc game next week if you want some sillyness.

RE: Battlefield Birmingham 2013 - Nick1988 - 01-02-2013

Well I'm definatly in anyway. U up for it Rob/Matt/Dan etc?