Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
40k Club Elimination tournament - Semi Final Draw Page15 - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: 40k Club Elimination tournament - Semi Final Draw Page15 (/showthread.php?tid=1067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - Embolden - 09-10-2012

Just a quick service announcement:

Can everyone please make sure you play the round 1 mission:

Game1 (round1): Hammer and Anvil – Scouring

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - jaqenhgar - 16-10-2012

So JJ and I had our game this evening (great game, thanks JJ) and the scores were:

16VP to Chris (jaqenhgar) and 5VP to JJ (woohoo!)
I got first blood, linebreaker and slay the warlord, plus one fast attack unit, and 5 objectives (worth 4, 3, 2, 2, and 1), it helped that the attack bikes were scoring in this mission!
JJ killed two fast attack units and got one objective (worth 3 VP's)

I killed 3 plasma vet squads, and reduced another to half-strength, destroyed a Chimera, a Vendetta (thanks to a skyfire nexus), a platoon command squad (?) and a company command squad with creed and kell in, and a manticore. i don't know how many points that is and whether it matters since I won the game anyway.

JJ killed a Deathwing Squad (235pts) a 3 man dual flamer bike squad (135pts), a 3 man dual melta bike squad (145pts) and reduced the DW command squad to half strength (150pts) and both attack bikes were on half wounds (25pts + 25pts). So for a total of 715pts killed/wounded.

I've got to say that hammer and anvil is a long way for termies to footslog!

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - GoNecrons - 17-10-2012

Congrates on the win and commiseration's on the loss.

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - Embolden - 17-10-2012

So Chris goes marching on! Well done and commiserations on the loss JJ, but I think you had a good level of VPs so stand a good chance of getting in to the next round as one of the best losers.

Chris - cheers for posting up all the VPs etc looks like a VERY bloody game and yeah it's a long way to walk into a firing squad!

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - jjakaalbinoboy - 17-10-2012

They were both Company Command Squads Chris. Good game. Wasn't surprised I lost, in fact I thought it'd have been worse than it was....

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - Embolden - 17-10-2012

Just to be sure, JJ and Chris I worked it out that Chris killed 1170pts worth of stuff and JJ killed 715

Cheers

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - jaqenhgar - 17-10-2012

(17-10-2012, 11:23 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: They were both Company Command Squads Chris. Good game. Wasn't surprised I lost, in fact I thought it'd have been worse than it was....

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism JJ, I think you need to spread out your men more, I was massacring them with frag blasts and flamers. Also because you deployed your defence line so far back, I could claim most objectives without getting within 24" of your gun line, this meant I effectively reduced your firepower and meant (most of) my DW survived. It's quite amazing how quickly termies will die to rapid fire weapons and you have a lot of those so I think your list is fine, you just need to spread out and try and be a bit less defensive, at least in that type of mission. If the CCS in the Chimera had been supported by maybe 2 vet squads moving forward my DW on that side would have had a harder time of it - there were only 3 termies left from two squads on that flank. Lastly I would have targetted the attack bikes with your manticore, they do little to the DW being ap4 but instant kill the 2W attack bike if it fails a save, which were not only worth 1VP each but would have stopped me scoring two of the objectives. That or plop a fat juicy one on Belial's head and hope you get lucky and instant death him for slay the warlord.

My list has a low amount of rapid fire weapons (6 stormbolters and 8 tl bolters) so really the only means other than CC I have to deal with your men is the frag blasts and the flamers. If you'd have moved to 24" to 18" range in skirmish formation (ala Sharpe's light rifle company) there would have been more dead termies and less dead vets.
(17-10-2012, 12:20 PM)Embolden Wrote: Just to be sure, JJ and Chris I worked it out that Chris killed 1245pts worth of stuff and JJ killed 715

Cheers

Looked at JJ's list and i think i killed 1170pts of stuff.

JJ had left: an aegis defence line (85), two hydra flak tanks (190), a melta vet squad (105), a plasma vet squad (130) and under half a plasma vet squad (65) which comes to 575. Take that away from 1745 comes to 1170.

(17-10-2012, 12:51 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(17-10-2012, 11:23 AM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: They were both Company Command Squads Chris. Good game. Wasn't surprised I lost, in fact I thought it'd have been worse than it was....

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism JJ, I think you need to spread out your men more, I was massacring them with frag blasts and flamers. Also because you deployed your defence line so far back, I could claim most objectives without getting within 24" of your gun line, this meant I effectively reduced your firepower and meant (most of) my DW survived. It's quite amazing how quickly termies will die to rapid fire weapons and you have a lot of those so I think your list is fine, you just need to spread out and try and be a bit less defensive, at least in that type of mission. If the CCS in the Chimera had been supported by maybe 2 vet squads moving forward my DW on that side would have had a harder time of it - there were only 3 termies left from two squads on that flank. Lastly I would have targetted the attack bikes with your manticore, they do little to the DW being ap4 but instant kill the 2W attack bike if it fails a save, which were not only worth 1VP each but would have stopped me scoring two of the objectives. That or plop a fat juicy one on Belial's head and hope you get lucky and instant death him for slay the warlord.

My list has a low amount of rapid fire weapons (6 stormbolters and 8 tl bolters) so really the only means other than CC I have to deal with your men is the frag blasts and the flamers. If you'd have moved to 24" to 18" range in skirmish formation (ala Sharpe's light rifle company) there would have been more dead termies and less dead vets.
(17-10-2012, 12:20 PM)Embolden Wrote: Just to be sure, JJ and Chris I worked it out that Chris killed 1245pts worth of stuff and JJ killed 715

Cheers

Looked at JJ's list and i think i killed 1170pts of stuff.

JJ had left: an aegis defence line (85), two hydra flak tanks (190), a melta vet squad (105), a plasma vet squad (130) and under half a plasma vet squad (65) which comes to 575. Take that away from 1745 comes to 1170.

Sorted mate Smile
Just while I remember as well, Chris you're free to ammend your list up until the next round mate (see page 1 for the penalties for doing so)

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - Embolden - 24-10-2012

Last night was a busy one for the elimination tournament with 3 games going on.

With Rob and Vince yet to play (scheduled game next week). But at the moment the players going through by winning are:

Player10 Matt (the count) - Nids 1330pts
Player5 Chris (jaqenhgar) - Dark Angels 1170pts
Player9 Nick (nick1988) - Grey Knights 872pts
Player1 Rob Edwards (Embolden) - Space Wolves 330pts

and those that didn't win, but still have a chance are:

Player8 Tom (big necron) - Necrons 1430pts
Player3 Alan (sprogmcjob) - Eldar 846pts
Player4 JJ (jjakaalbinoboy) - Guard 715pts
Player7 Ben (Sincilbanks) - Marines 460pts

This shows 2 things, Ben is unfortunately out and it's between the loser of Vince and Robs game or JJ who scored a healthy 715pts, but no where near as much a Tom with a whopping 1430pts!!! Alan is also guaranteed a spot in the next round with a good hall of pts against myself. While I only scored a meagre 330pts!

So after the round last night I had a quick chat with Nick and Alan about how to proceed with the next round, whether a tiered systems would be best, the biggest winning play's the lowest and so on until all 8 players are matched (avoiding any rematched of the first round), this will also apply to the semis as well? Theoretically the biggest winner will play the smallest and have the best chance of going through each round and so on until all the players have been matched.

or I can keep with the original idea of a random draw?

Let me know what you think. Big Grin

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round one on page4 - jaqenhgar - 24-10-2012

I don't mind, as long as we don't play the same people if at all possible.