Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum
40k Club Elimination tournament - Semi Final Draw Page15 - Printable Version

+- Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com)
+-- Forum: Fantasy and Sci-Fi Miniature Gaming (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Warhammer 40K (https://forum.redditchtabletopgamers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: 40k Club Elimination tournament - Semi Final Draw Page15 (/showthread.php?tid=1067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - GoNecrons - 07-11-2012

Looks like I am joining you in the next round. I had a great game Tom, thanks. It was cool bouncing loads of ideas off each other as we played.

We were both nervous to commit, well I was, at the start and a great round three for me was compounded turn 4 and 5 to a tabling when the resurrection protocols got scarabled.

Highlights for me where a squad of wraiths potentially running down Big Z, Tom's Warlord, turn 3 when they won combat but his bodyguard Vargard Obyron who stayed in combat to allow his liege lord to escape. The wraiths got lucky and made something like 6 out of 7 saves vs. Obyron's cleaving counter blow 10 attacks and decked him and caught up with Big Z to finish him off over a couple of turns. The last man/beast standing was a lone plucky scarabs fighting a unit of necron warriors who only had two members of their squad with any amour left due to entropic wounds.

VP's 14 : 1 (only one warriors squad with attached StormTek downed. Alot more under half strength)
FB, LB and KtW where mine and not conceded.

My losses where
Both wraith squads under half size or less for half points 215 Pts
5 man warrior squad lead by StormTek killed out right 90 Pts
5 man warrior squad lead by StormTek under half size for half points 45Pts
1 barge with two hull points down half points 45 Pts
Points Diff 395 : 1750

I am thinking about eating my words now with changes to my list. I guess I have a while to think about them.

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - Embolden - 07-11-2012

Quote: I am thinking about eating my words now with changes to my list. I guess I have a while to think about them.

Cheers I'm not sure about any changes as of yet, I REALLY want to get in a Vendetta, but I neither have pts or £££ for one lol.Undecided

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - Nick1988 - 07-11-2012

Cheers for the game last night mate! Shame i couldnt repeat my previous win but hey, well have to have a decider some time!! Hopefully next time you get the crappy psyker powers and not the 4+ invun on the biggest squad i have ever seen :p and making dreadknight re roll all his saves after battering him with 60 odd shots? Thats just mean haha

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - Embolden - 08-11-2012

(07-11-2012, 07:20 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Cheers for the game last night mate! Shame i couldnt repeat my previous win but hey, well have to have a decider some time!! Hopefully next time you get the crappy psyker powers and not the 4+ invun on the biggest squad i have ever seen :p and making dreadknight re roll all his saves after battering him with 60 odd shots? Thats just mean haha

Cheers for the game mate, same goes for the Interceptors, both just needed to go and I wanted to make sure Tongue, plus I think I played much smarter this time round and a decider is needed! Smile

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - Embolden - 08-11-2012

Just a quick service announcement:

List changes submission for those lucky enough to get through to round3 will be need to be submitted by Thursday 22/11 with the draw to be made on Friday 23/11.

Good luck to those who haven't played there game yet Smile

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - GoNecrons - 09-11-2012

I had to many points on the table when I played Tom! Apologies.

I had an extra barge on the table so played 4 heavy support slots and a list that added to 1838.That's 88 pts over the limit. I am not sure what to do now repay the game? Penalty for the next round? I am glad it was to Tom as he had too many points in the first round. So it could not have happened to a better guy :O) Must be something to do with Necrons and simple addition. How shall we play this guys?

I discovered it while looking at possible changes to my list last night. I was trying to shoe horn deathmarks into the list!

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - Embolden - 09-11-2012

(09-11-2012, 11:47 AM)GoNecrons Wrote: I had to many points on the table when I played Tom! Apologies.

I had an extra barge on the table so played 4 heavy support slots and a list that added to 1838.That's 88 pts over the limit. I am not sure what to do now repay the game? Penalty for the next round? I am glad it was to Tom as he had too many points in the first round. So it could not have happened to a better guy :O) Must be something to do with Necrons and simple addition. How shall we play this guys?

I discovered it while looking at possible changes to my list last night. I was trying to shoe horn deathmarks into the list!

Cheers for the honesty, I've just sent you and tom a PM, then will make a decision.

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - Embolden - 09-11-2012

Rob will continue into the Semi's! Thanks for your honesty and Toms willingness to let the result stand Smile

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - GoNecrons - 10-11-2012

My list then stands with no changes. Looking forward to the next game. I'll make sure I only have two barges in future.

RE: 40k Club Elimination tournament - round two draw on page9 - jjakaalbinoboy - 14-11-2012

(30-10-2012, 04:03 PM)The Count Wrote: Cant see the draw? Anyway my fluffy Nids are most offended by this suggestion that they are hard! They are all in touch with their feminine side!

Anyway, I am not here next week but available Tuesday 13th. OK now does anyone know a good supplier of brain leech worms? Running a bit low!

When are you next at the club Matt?