Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Battle for the Fallen DW vs Ultras 1750pts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is from last weeks battle against Vince, hope you enjoy the read!

Dark Angels vs Ultramarines 1750pts

My List (Dark Angels):

Belial – th & ss (B)
5 DW squads – all with CML and chainfist, and the command squad with banner and apothecary. All squads had at least 2 th&ss in, the command squad had 4. (DW-C and DW 1 to 4)
3 landspeeders with tml and 2 with mm, 1 with hb (RW)
Venerable Dreadnought with assault cannon and heavy flamer (D)

(Realised afterwards that I am 10points over – sorry Vince, was meant to have dropped the apothecary and taken extra armour on the dread instead)

10KP

Vince’s List (Ultramarines):

Chaplain Cassius and Terminator assault squad – 2th&ss, 3 tlc (C + T)
LandRaider Redeemer with mm (LRR)
Contemptor Dread with double kheres assault cannon ©
Dread with plasma cannon & tl autocannon (Dp)
Dread with assault cannon and tl autocannon (Da)
Vindicator (V)
2 x landspeeders with mm (ls)
Tac squad (10man) with pc and pg (T-pc and T-pg)
Tac squad (10 man) with lc and mg and pf+sb serge (T-l and T-mg)
Razorback with tl assault cannon (Rz-a)
Razorback with tl heavy bolter (Rz-hb)

(also realised Vince had taken 4 Elite slots, so guess it’s all swings and roundabouts!)

15KP

Deployment – scattered ruins and craters with tall building in centre (impassable)
Spearhead, Annihilation
Vince won roll and elected to go second. I deployed everything, terminators across deployment zone, Dread in middle and landspeeders behind a ruin in the centre of my line. The command squad was in the centre.
He deployed his LRR as far forward slightly on my left with the three dreads behind it and cassius with the term squad inside. The tacs were combat squaded, lc and pc squads in a large ruin and other two in the reazors which were behind the ruin with the landspeeders. The Vindicator was on its own on my extreme right behind some diff ruins.

Key to diagrams: red circles denote casualties, red arrows are movement/charge, yellow arrows are consolidation moves and green arrows are fall back moves.

Turn 1:

[attachment=201]

My Turn 1:
He chose not to try and seize the initiative and I walked all squads forward in a line, Belials squad was near the tall central building now. One mm speeder turboed behind this building and the hb one moved right while the other mm one moved left. The dread moved up as well.
Shooting resulted in a wrecked vindy, failing its cover save, an immobilised contemptor dread (glance then a six!) and another stunned dread (ac one?) and a single dead marine from the pc squad. Not bad for 12 krak missiles and 2 frags! The dread tried to get lucky with its assault cannon against the raider but failed.

Vince’s Turn 1:
He moved his LRR and a dread forward, while his speeders didn’t move and his razorbacks advanced slowly. His landraiders assault cannon shot at a term squad but did nothing and its mm blew up the ven dread despite its re-roll L One term on the right-hand squad fell to pc shot.

DA 1 – 1 UM

Turn 2:

[attachment=202]

My turn 2:
I moved forward as fast as poss again with my terms, while the hb speeder moved right again and the mm speeder behind the building popped out in front of the landraider. The other moved right to the central building. The mm speeder failed to damage the Landraider despite hitting, kraks from the other speeders and squads stunned the two normal dreads and glanced the raider, shaking it.

Vince’s turn 2:
He disembarked his terms and moved them towards the centre left squad. His razorbacks moved forward and one speeder moved rapidly towards the centre. The LRR didn’t move. Shooting he blew up the mm speeder and then his term squad charged and wiped out the DW squad it was facing before it could strike back, he consolidated to try and get into cover but 3 members were still out.

DA 1 – 3 UM

Turn 3:

[attachment=203]

My turn 3:
DW squads 1&2 moved right up to his term squad, while Belial and co moved towards the landraider. The right hand squad advanced and the hb speeder moved left again while the mm speeder shuffled to get a good view of his speeder.
Shooting killed three of his terminators with kraks and sb fire from two squads who then charged in and wiped his terms and the chaplain for the loss of one or two of my terminators, and they consolidate forwards. My mm speeder took the mm off his speeder and the rest of my shooting did nothing. Belial and squad charged the landraider, 21 th/pf attacks and 4 cf attacks auto hitting…and the LRR was still standing (!) but had been immobilised and was just left with its mm.

Vince’s turn 3:
He moved his Razors up behind the LRR and disembarked the mg squad, while his speeder zoomed off behind a ruin. His Dreads moved forward, one to my left and one to my right. Shooting took down two terms from the command squad (th + cyclone) and one from another squad on the left (cf).

DA 3 – 3 UM

Turn 4:

[attachment=204]

My turn 4:
My squads on the left moved forward as fast as poss but were slowed by diff terrain. Belials squad moved left, next to the Razorback (ass cannon) and LRR. The speeders hung back on the right out of range of his contemptor, and the right hand squad moved forward. Shooting immobilised the dread on my right and a lucky krak destroyed the contemptor dread. Belial charged the Razor with his squad with the cf one assaulting the LRR. The left hand squad failed to charge the same razor due to diff terrain while the other two squads charged the immobile dread. The Razor exploded, the LRR was stunned and the dread was wrecked in combat, the two squads consolidating forwards.

His turn 4:
He moved the other razor back a bit and disembarked its squad, while the combat squad with the mg moved in front of them. The speeder with mm that had been lurking moved forward, peeping round the ruin. His last dread moved up onto a small hill on my left with the RZB. He shot everything into the two squads on my right, reducing one to a single model and taking out a second member of the other who was now down to three men.

DA 6 – 3 UM

Turn 5:

[attachment=205]

My turn 5:
I moved and charged Belials squad into his Razor and Dread. The lone survivor of one squad moved right towards a squad in the ruins and the three members of the other squad moved towards the mass of marines in the centre. Shooting killed just two marines in the centre and immobilised the speeder without the mm. The three marines from that combat squad fled 7” away from my terms until they were just at the board edge, but this meant I couldn’t charge them. Belail and the banner guy exploded the RZB and the cf guy and the apoth blew up the Dread J. They consolidated round the back of the wrecked RZB near the broken squad.

His turn 5:
His squad fled the board due to the proximity of Belial and he shuffled a bit and shot everything into the depleted term squads on the right (15 marines, 1 mm speeder and 1 mm from the LRR) but failed to kill any.

Game ended due to time, Dark Angels Victorious!.

DA 9 – 3 UM

‘Master Belial reporting: Ultramarines survivors withdrawing, Ravenwing squads 1 through 5 to intercept and eliminate – we want no survivors to tell of our attack. The fallen we seek is among the wounded and will be taken to the Rock to repent and die. Gather our dead and eradicate all trace of our involvement.’ Transmission out.
Great report, it was a good read.

Seems like Vinces army ran out of steam around turn3 or 4, you where then able to really rack up the KPs
Dreads can be taken as heavy support as well as elites in the space marine codex Tongue
(12-03-2012, 10:48 AM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Dreads can be taken as heavy support as well as elites in the space marine codex Tongue

Ah, ok just me who cheated then!