Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Cutlass Rule Clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might be worth having a thread to discuss any ambiguities we encounter as we work through the rules.

I can't remember whether this question was answered last night, but I recall a query over what happens when fighting with two weapons. There's a boxed section in the rulebook on page 32 that hopefully clarifies this:

Quote:Fighting with two weapons
A model armed with two weapons gains +1 bonus die to its Com rolls when attacking, but must choose which weapon's rules apply before any dice are rolled. E.g. a model with a cutlass and an axe may have either +1 Dam bonus or knockback. When defending, models armed with two hand-to-hand weapons gain one bonus die for parrying if both weapons can be used to parry. Obviously, only a single two-handed weapon can be wielded at a time...
(07-09-2011, 12:11 PM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Might be worth having a thread to discuss any ambiguities we encounter as we work through the rules.

I can't remember whether this question was answered last night, but I recall a query over what happens when fighting with two weapons. There's a boxed section in the rulebook on page 32 that hopefully clarifies this:

Quote:Fighting with two weapons
A model armed with two weapons gains +1 bonus die to its Com rolls when attacking, but must choose which weapon's rules apply before any dice are rolled. E.g. a model with a cutlass and an axe may have either +1 Dam bonus or knockback. When defending, models armed with two hand-to-hand weapons gain one bonus die for parrying if both weapons can be used to parry. Obviously, only a single two-handed weapon can be wielded at a time...

Nice one!
Was just wondering about buying skills, as I can't find it in the rules, only that it states that skills are worth $10 when calculating the crewmans worth.
Steve (and All)...

To answer your question you can gain skills as you go up levels, see page 87. If you gain a level roll a d6, 1-4 gain an attribute level, 5-6 a new skill (see rules). This involves playing a campaign. The $10 gets added as value, you don't 'buy' them.

Having had another read of this through I think now that my interpretation of start up gangs and skills is wrong. i.e. I thought you could choose extra skills than those initially listed at a cost of $10 each. But no, the only reference to spending money is on arms and equipment.

Apologies... I will re-write my gang, without that all important commanding presence...
thanks paul, have to re-re-write mine now.
Just read that "surprised" markers are removed upon change of active gang, rather than just during the recovery phase.
Another thing I didn't realise, but picked up from going over the rules again, is that both Riposte and successful Counter Attacks during hand-to-hand combat trigger a switch of active gang to the defender, without the sacrifice of any Au points.
(07-12-2011, 01:44 PM)Stuart Wrote: [ -> ]Just read that "surprised" markers are removed upon change of active gang, rather than just during the recovery phase.

And also whenever the model enters into hand-to-hand combat.