Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Noob seeks battle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All, firstly thanks for all the advice on my earlier thread about shipbuilding. I've built my UCM fleet and primed it (painting to begin soon) so keen to arrange my first encounter. Anyone fancy taking on a complete noob and showing me the ropes/the nasty end of a mass driver? If so, please let me know.
I could give you an intro game if you want. When were you thinking?
Hey, thanks Will. How you fixed for 8 or 15 August?
I believe I am playing xwing on the 8th but the 15th is good for me. Do you have an idea of what points you want to play? I think aiming for around 750pts is a good idea for a begginer game but thats a loose value if you want to go a higher or lower, thats fine.
(27-07-2017, 01:07 PM)will Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I am playing xwing on the 8th but the 15th is good for me. Do you have an idea of what points you want to play? I think aiming for around 750pts is a good idea for a begginer game but thats a loose value if you want to go a higher or lower, thats fine.

I'm happy to go with the 750 recommendation. I'll start to look at building my list. Will be my first trip to the Redditch club. What time will you arrive (I'll be driving over from rugby and reckon I can arrive as early as 6:30)?
I normally get to the club for 6:45-6:50.
If you want any help with what to put in your list feel free to ask. I tend to use dflist.com to build my fleet lists, as it makes life so much easier
(27-07-2017, 06:40 PM)will Wrote: [ -> ]I normally get to the club for 6:45-6:50.
If you want any help with what to put in your list feel free to ask. I tend to use dflist.com to build my fleet lists, as it makes life so much easier

Cheers Will, I'll check that out. Any recommendations on transporting models? Haven't moved from the painting table as yet and they look a little delicate for the 'chuck 'em in a shoebox' treatment.
Just spotted Feldherr cases/foam made for DFC. Look pretty good!
(27-07-2017, 10:03 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: [ -> ]Just spotted Feldherr cases/foam made for DFC. Look pretty good!

Not used any of their cases before, got plenty of KR cases though and they are good value.

For my DfC I've just been using clear plastic storage boxes, e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compartment-Bo...2749.l2649 for mine and I've only really had one transport related breakage so far.
(30-07-2017, 04:13 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-07-2017, 10:03 PM)Adam Duckett Wrote: [ -> ]Just spotted Feldherr cases/foam made for DFC. Look pretty good!

Not used any of their cases before, got plenty of KR cases though and they are good value.

For my DfC I've just been using clear plastic storage boxes, e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compartment-Bo...2749.l2649 for mine and I've only really had one transport related breakage so far.

Cheers JJ - I'll take a look. One travel related breakage doesn't sound good! Nothing too bad I hope? How many ships do you travel with for tournaments? Hoping to pick the game up enough to compete.
Pages: 1 2