Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Wargaming Price Comparison Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bit of a quick poll, if there was a website you could go to, choose the game system, the faction and the product/model then be presented with all the different buying options would you use it? Would it be helpful?

Think along the lines of Google Shopping results but exclusively for wargaming and would include the retailers who are selling it, how much they're selling it for with the % off RRP, whether it's in stock and what the standard delivery time and costs are.

I was thinking it would be really useful if there was a price comparison site as Google doesn't seem to include all of the retailers like Wayland and Firestorm etc. Only really Goblin and Element.
Yes, it would - But only if it also included our clubs discounts & postage, I found that some of the codes listed no longer work.
It probably would but I've found some of the cheaper sites/shops either take forever to send out orders(even when it's "in stock") or use couriers I wouldn't trust to deliver a brick in one piece, so it would need some kind of review for me to find it useful,otherwise I would stick to the retailer's I trust at which point I wouldnt need or use it.
(06-09-2016, 09:07 AM)wako1302 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it would - But only if it also included our clubs discounts & postage, I found that some of the codes listed no longer work.

Which codes no longer work Dave? I recently updated all of them in the members area with what the GCN sent me.
I try to shop with Worcester Wargamers where I can since I tend to play there most.
Would feel wrong to buy al my stuff elsewhere and then take it to play there for free.
(05-09-2016, 08:31 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of a quick poll, if there was a website you could go to, choose the game system, the faction and the product/model then be presented with all the different buying options would you use it? Would it be helpful?

Think along the lines of Google Shopping results but exclusively for wargaming and would include the retailers who are selling it, how much they're selling it for with the % off RRP, whether it's in stock and what the standard delivery time and costs are.

I was thinking it would be really useful if there was a price comparison site as Google doesn't seem to include all of the retailers like Wayland and Firestorm etc. Only really Goblin and Element.

Yes.
It should (as Dave says) spell out postage costs (and note e.g. Warlord, postage free over £50).
I also look on ebay, so it would also list what's avaiable on ebay in next 7(?) days (inc. postage).
And yes - Club Discounts - need a mention too.

Board Games Geek do something like this i seem to remember, but not for minis?

Which reminds me, I buy wargaming stuff (rules say) off Amazon very occassionally. Can you get An Amazon flyer that everyone can use for the club, ..for all their Amazon purchases and not only get an income from wargaming shops?