Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Slow Build Warmahorde Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering with the Slow build Warhammer 40k and Malifaux series that were going on a few months back, is any one would be interested in doing the same in Warmahordes?

Starting off with a battle box games and then doing 15-20-25-30-35 each month and slowly adding 5 points at a time to the lists?

Given the nature of the game it would mean you would also have the option of removing 5 points with each step to add in higher points cost options to the next months list, since alot of options for units and Jacks/beasts are over 5 points each.

Maybe having the option of 2 casters as well after the first month of battle boxes to give you some leaway between games in a month.

This way by the 6th month, players would all have a 35Pts painted list with a reasonable Sideboard selection of options and 2 casters to work with?

What does everyone feel about it?
I could be up for this - would give me an excuse to finish painting what I've got.
This may give me an excuse to try the game out as i have the 2 player starter box sitting at home unused!
It would also give the an excuse to paint one of the 4 armies I now have Tongue
And also learn how to use the non-Khador armies Big Grin
I might be interested in this. I already have about 35 points of Protectorate built, but I have about 35 points of Legion totally untouched, so I might join you guys in making them.
Personally I'd prefer to start off with any 15 points force and not just the battle boxes, but that's personal opinion.
True the Battle boxes do tend to lend themselves to being a bit Jack heavy in the beginning
Though they are a good place to learn the game.
Well, I am biased. Using any 15 point force means I can use models I already own.
Yeah im with Nick, limit it to 15 points not the battle boxs otherwise it would cut my army choice to only one of the 4 i own :p , though maybe with some limit on not allowing the epic level casters as your starting caster or something .
Like the sound of this Charlie, would give me the incentive to actually get my stuff painted. Starting with a 15pt force is definitely better than battlebox as it would give people options of casters who don't have a battlebox, and would hopefully mean a lot more variety in games.

Would you be willing to organise this? I don't think I'm organised enough to do it myself but I would gladly help out
Pages: 1 2