Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Members Mugshots.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would folks Opinion of a Members Photo gallery be? Simple Photo, Forum Name, Real Name, job done. I know it can create issues with the younger folks, and sometimes people like to keep their identity private whilst online. Just thinking it might help any new comers, who are wonderign who this Manrogue they arranged a game is, first time they come along.
Great idea, especially for those of us willing to teach new players so people actually know who to talk to at the club. We should do this for those of us old enough to give our consent and not too bothered about internet stalkers( it's just like having your own online fan club really Tongue) As for the younger members that would obviously be down to the parents discretion, but that shouldn't be much of a problem as they'll know who the rest of us are
Having picked up the Advertiser this week, hardly perfect timing on my behalf to suggest this. This worlds going mad, thank god I can retreet to Malifaux, where thing only want to eat you, or kill you and resurect you. Far more sane a place with a Big Deamoninc Teddy.

But yes keeping it to the 18+ members would be fine. After all, and no disrepecto to Tom, Luke and any other of the youngsters, you learn communication skills with age, meaning a more mature teacher would get rules across in a better manner.
I like the idea of a member directory thread, perhaps a sticky thread somewhere. I'm OK with my mugshot being in there, but as I think you've identified it could be an issue for the younger ones.
I don't mind having a stickied thread wherein a small amount of details of myself are contained, purely so people well feel less shy and more open when coming to the club.

But definitely keep this to the 18+ members only.
I've move this discussion thread over to the suggestions forum for now, but feel free to create a fresh "Rogues Gallery" thread in RedWarSoc Discussion (or wherever it fits) and we can post our best mugshots.