Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: boardgames I just brought!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe we should have a boardgames marathon? Anyway just been given copies of Carcassonne and Ticket to ride Europe. Thought I'd share.
Carcassone is a good game, though I always struggle with the scoring at the end.

Ticket to Ride is a deceptively simple game, good clean fun, and I prefer the Europe board as its a bit more interesting with the layout and the tunnel tracks.
Trying to educate my kids in how a Board game can be fun. Dave's so far are Ozfluxx and zombies
Oops faves!!!
Betrayal at the house on the hill, carcassone, descent 2nd ed, space crusade to name a few.
Tsuro is worth a look (very simple to play), as well as Tsuro of the Seas.
Puerto rico is great but with older kids, think it's 13+ but my 10yr old gets it fine.
Forbidden island/desert are great fun quick games you can play with kids, quite tactical, although once you've beaten the game a few times your done. They are fairly cheap however, had hours of fun with them - my 6 year old loved them.
Memoir 44 is pretty good 1 vs 1 2nd world war game.
(24-04-2015, 10:48 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Forbidden island/desert are great fun quick games you can play with kids, quite tactical, although once you've beaten the game a few times your done. They are fairly cheap however, had hours of fun with them - my 6 year old loved them.

Forbidden Island is one we have in our stash that we haven't tried yet.

(24-04-2015, 10:48 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Memoir 44 is pretty good 1 vs 1 2nd world war game.

Is that based on the same system as Commands & Colours?
Forbidden island is definitely worth a go, clever but simple-ish game.
Never played command and colours but memoir 44 starts with units on a hex based board according to a scenario, each player takes it in turn to issue orders by playing an order card from a limited hand of cards. these usually activate one or more units which then move and/or attack an enemy. wiping out enemy units and sometimes seizing key locations on the map scores you points.
My two boys really like it and there are a lot of expansions available but i've only got the core game.

Have also got ticket to ride and that's my daughter's favourite, although she recently enjoyed beating me at power grid!
(24-04-2015, 12:22 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Never played command and colours but memoir 44 starts with units on a hex based board according to a scenario, each player takes it in turn to issue orders by playing an order card from a limited hand of cards. these usually activate one or more units which then move and/or attack an enemy. wiping out enemy units and sometimes seizing key locations on the map scores you points.

Looks like they're both written by Richard Borg, and Memoir '44 uses an enhanced version of the C&C system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memoir_%2744

Really enjoyed the C&C intro that Paul gave me, would be interested in giving Memoir '44 a go one week.

(24-04-2015, 12:22 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Have also got ticket to ride and that's my daughter's favourite, although she recently enjoyed beating me at power grid!

Ticket to Ride Europe is (yet) another game we've got but haven't played yet. I think we're due a boardgames weekend...
Pages: 1 2