Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Dedwoods' Pile of Shame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Evening Ladies and Gents.

I thought I'd get a project log on the go - it may even keep me motivated to finish stuff...

Finished since log began: Neurothrope, two Mucolid spores, the Spawn of Cryptus, a Flyrant, 10 Gargoyles, a Biovore, 6 Ripper swarms, 12 Spore Mines, 2 Tyrannocytes, a Malanthrope and the Dimachaeron.

What's in progress: (IE, at least sub-assembled and primed)
30K - Deathshroud Terminators, Mortarion, a Typhon HST.
CSM - Vrosh Tattersoul, 10 DV Chosen, approx. 20 Plague Zombies, approx. 20 Cultists, a Kranon the Relentless (I already have one so he'll probably be donated for a Lord on Juggernaut conversion), a DV Helbrute, a squad of Plague Marines (3 finished, 4 remaining), a squad of Noise Marines, a Rhino for the Noise Marines (75% done), An Obliterator, Arhiman, Necrosius, a PF/LC Chaos Lord, some Khorne Berserkers (re-work), plenty of basing across the army.
Tyranids - A Venomthrope, Winged Tyrant #2 (90% done), 2 Zoanthropes (pretty close to done), 3 Warriors, the Children of Cryptus, a Tyrannofex, an Exocrine, a Hive Crone and a Mawloc.

What's in boxes:
Tyranids - 40 Hormagaunts, 40 Termagants, a Carnifex.
CSM - Khârn, Abaddon, a Dark Apostle, a Defiler.
30k - A Spartan, a Primus Medicae.

What's in the post:
Tyranids - Harridan (Maybe...) and a Barbed Heirodule.
CSM - Nowt. Looking at refreshing the entire army for Daemonkin next month though.
30K - Nowt. Soon to be picking up a few more Primus Medicae bits.
Hopefully this will be updated regularly - especially in preparation for the Escalation League. Pictures upon completion!

Currently on the tray - the Venomthrope and Tyrannofex for the next round of Escalation!
Work in Progress pics are always nice as well Dan, nice way of tracking how long you have left painting. Smile
(29-01-2015, 07:37 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Work in Progress pics are always nice as well Dan, nice way of tracking how long you have left painting. Smile

Will get some up tomorrow - intend to start basing some 'Nids and finish off the first Flyrant so will grab photos of what's in the queue Big Grin
So! Progress. Whilst spamming through some Game Of Thrones in order to get caught up - I've got some painting done. The Flyrant is being held off for the time being - as I'd like to get some small stuff done first.

Mucolid #1 - needs basing, then a hit of Purity Seal, then some 'ardcoat on the 'brain'. Otherwise finished.
[Image: IMG_20150203_015242.jpg]

Neurothrope - will act as a Zoanthrope when I'm only using one, as I think the model is awesome. Needs basing, Purity Seal then 'ardcoat on the carapace and 'brain'. Otherwise finished.
[Image: IMG_20150203_015304.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150203_015315.jpg]

Over the weekend I also managed to get all 10 Gargoyles sub-assembled and cleaned up ready for priming. Wings on bodies, heads and arms separate to make painting easier.
[Image: IMG_20150130_213354.jpg]

Next update *should* see some basing done, and the two Zoanthropes having some more paint on them!
Progress! Finished the Neurothrope and a Mucolid spore. My first attempt at 'proper' basing (I.E. Not just glueing hastily spray painted gravel around the model) and I'm pretty happy with the results.
Neurothrope:
[Image: IMG_20150206_003352.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150206_003414.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150206_003432.jpg]

Mucolid:
[Image: IMG_20150206_003522.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150206_003513.jpg]
Nice, i like the contrast of colours!
(06-02-2015, 10:53 AM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, i like the contrast of colours!

Cheers! Big Grin My Chaos are very subdued with bright red bases and vivid details - so I thought it would be a nice change to do the opposite contrast. Bright, colourful gribblies and dark, subdued basing.
The Spawn of Cryptus. Done.
A really cracking plastic kit, a pleasure to paint.
[Image: IMG_20150208_210959.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150208_210946.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150208_210934.jpg]

The weekend will see at least one Flyrant done and some batch work on the gargoyles commence.
Nice progress then!

I really need to finish my tacs tonight as have lad at the weekend, so painting will come to a standstill! Inspired me to get an update on my thread done! Tongue
(12-02-2015, 03:03 PM)manrogue Wrote: [ -> ]Nice progress then!

I really need to finish my tacs tonight as have lad at the weekend, so painting will come to a standstill! Inspired me to get an update on my thread done! Tongue

Just a bit! Getting into a better routine now, making more consistent progress than I ever have with my Chaos. I figure that once my list commitment for the Escalation League is complete I'll probably start working on my Death Guard as a side project. Time to learn to weathering...

Haha, sweet! I'll be keeping an eye on :-P
Pages: 1 2 3