Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: X-Wing Tue 13-5-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok Folks. Tournament is going to be held on Tue 13/5/14. Just under two months away, so plenty of notice.

Event is going to be 60 points games. Im planning on running 3 rounds, possibly using some form of scenarios, if I can find some that are balanced. Either way you'll know in advance if its going to be scenario or straight dog-fighting. If rounds are finishing early I might try to fit in a 4th round.

As there is notice, if anyone fancies a demo / run through of the game, I'll plan on doing one or two nights beforehand, were you can learn the game mechanics. I should also be able to put together one or two spare 60 point squadrons. I'll know how many closer to the event though.
In a somewhat disappointing event, the results were

1) Simon - Falcon
2) Steven - Falcon
3) Justin - Lamda, Bomber
4) Neil -Lamda, TIE.

With the fact that one ship in particular is easy to equip upto 60 points and denies any chance of scoring points, I'll probably introduce a points cap next time.
Thinking a cap on large ships might be better rather than drop in points.
if i was not on holiday and could have played that night i would hav done the same so either ban large ships below 100pts or raise the points (maybe doing the tounry at tw or over several nights)