Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Campaign Rules Adjustments/Improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I suggest two alterations to improve gameplay;

Firstly we use 3D6 rather than 2D6 for crew experience rolls after battles to improve crew experience/skills.

Secondly, we be allowed to use our appeal rolls for crew experience/skills re-rolls should we so wish.

In theory these changes shouldn't alter the balance of the game too much but should speed up the process of our ships gaining more of an individual identity?

Any thoughts?
Personally I think this may make it too easy to get ship Xp as some of the crew skill abilities are quite powerful. Maybe pick a "ship of the match" which gets to roll 3D6 instead of 2D6. you've just got have a good reason for choosing it - possibly allow this ship to be one that's been crippled to mitigate the -1 Ld?

Also I'm assuming you mean roll 3d6 and pick the highest two? as just rolling 3D6 will make it very very easy to get crew Xp

Edit:- the above is reference the first idea, I like the second idea!
I agree with Will that rolling 3D6 for experience will make it too easy to get powerful ships - not keen personally.
OK, well to be honest I disagree as at this point I think there has been all of like 3 successful rolls for ship experience in all our games/fleets but ok.

How about as Will suggests we choose one ship/squadron from each fleet (that survived, but could be crippled) and they get to roll 3D6, picking the highest two?
I'm OK with that.