Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Availability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so GW & Forge World has put all of it's BFG range onto stock run out, this is all thats left:
Battlefleet Gothic - GW
Battlefleet Gothic - Forge World - All now Out of Stock.
Battlefleet Gothic - eBay

All the rules and templates etc. are still available to download for GW at the moment but who knows how long that'll last...

Battlefleet Gothic Resources - GW
I have some of these in by bitz box. No idea what they are. I will dig them out and bring them next week.
That'd be awesome, cheers Rob.
Spotted the most recent Battlefleet Gothic FAQ's merged into the Battlefleet Gothic 2010 Compendium

Theres even some updated rules for the Nova Cannon Jim will be pleased to here...

Theres a load more resources on the Battlefleet Gothic Wikia too.
How official is that first link JJ? I like some of the changes, don't like some of the others, and would have to playtest those Tau rules first before I decide whether I like them.
By "first link" I mean the 2010 Compendium.
(12-06-2013, 01:16 PM)Kungfu Kleg Wrote: [ -> ]How official is that first link JJ? I like some of the changes, don't like some of the others, and would have to playtest those Tau rules first before I decide whether I like them.

Yeah I had the same thought, it looks to be pretty widely accepted as its a culmination of, peer-reviewed, FAQ's released by GW in various formats over the years. Theres a conversation about it on Dakka...

How come the 2010 Battlefleet Gothic Compendium isn't listed on the GW website?

I would say these rules should replace those found in the main rule book where necessary. As long as we agree as a club which set of rules to abide by up front I don't think it matters. (FYI I've now seen 2 sets of models and 4 sets of rules for Tau ships in BFG....lol)
Yeah, I've seen some talk about the Imperial Armour rules, the fan-made rules and the Compendium rules (which seem to be a compromise between the first two), but I'm very cautious because I've seen it happen a lot: a race is released with its strengths and weaknesses (in the case of Tau - strong ordnance but fragile little ships that are rubbish at close quarters) but then people want to reduce the strengths because they are seen as too powerful (in this case, reducing overall levels of ordnance) and fill in the weaknesses (putting boarding strengths back up to full and beefing up the shields on the carrier).

The end result is that the army/fleet loses its unique character. With the Compendium, for example, the Tau now have no carriers that can match the Imperial/Chaos carriers, despite being an ordnance-based fleet.

That being said, the Imperial Armour rules originally released for the models are marked as "experimental", i.e. probably not sufficiently playtested, and I did find them a bit boring. All of the ships had movement 20, all of the ships had 45 degree turns, all had prow deflectors, all had torpedoes, all could launch attack craft etc. The Compendium list is definitely more interesting in that respect, as there is at least one ship that doesn't have to be on "reload ordnance" orders every single turn. So I'll give it a try on Tuesday.
Well from an Imperial perspective I'm happy to use all the rules within that, answers a lot of questions. Found a document containing all of the "additional" official ships released in various GW publications. No Tau though.

Battlefleet Gothic Ships Compendium