Redditch Tabletop Gamers Forum

Full Version: Necro Campaign Scenarios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anyone got any scenario ideas that they'd like to see being played in the necromunda campaign? i am thinking the first month we can keep it simple with gang-fights or another easy one from the rules (just agree with your opponent when you play them). However it would be nice to mix things up a bit and do some special scenarios that link in with the narrative of the campaign - set around a trading post on the shores of the 'chem' (or 'sump') sea, deep in the underhive.

Ideas suggested by others or myself so far are:

a fight on the walkways set over the sea, where ground level is inaccessible or hard to move (swim) in. and/or if you fall into it bad things might happen to you - maybe the model auto goes out of actions and has increased chances of dying (drowning, being eaten by weird mutant fish), but with increased reward somehow.

two gangs simultaneously attempt to raid a trade caravan, with teh victor getting the spoils.

An investigation of a treasure island that is rumoured to be out in the sea somewhere, with ancient archeotech (nice shiny equipment) or creds to be had.

an attack by plague zombies while a game is in progress where it turns into a battle to escape off the board edge. (maybe a random roll at the start of each game turn, and d6 zombies come in from a random edge, moving towards the nearest model or something).

Some team games where two gangs attempt to ambush the meeting of another two gangs to disrupt an alliance.

Any ideas or in fact anyone want to create a scenario? After the first couple of months we could maybe have the option of playing one of these special scenarios instead of a normal one each month. what do you think?
(14-09-2012, 10:38 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]an attack by plague zombies while a game is in progress where it turns into a battle to escape off the board edge. (maybe a random roll at the start of each game turn, and d6 zombies come in from a random edge, moving towards the nearest model or something).

Sounds like our Halloween week game right there....... Wink
I have a LOT of zombies that could be used for this
Also how about a double XP week at some point? Also have a brilliant (but stolen Tongue) idea for christmas whereby 4 players play on the same board with lots of random pieces of paper on the the board. On those pieces of paper is everything from 50 creds to a heavy stubber to an exploding Frag grenade trap. Whatever you still have at the end of the game you win, but only if you are alive!
(14-09-2012, 10:38 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]An investigation of a treasure island that is rumoured to be out in the sea somewhere, with ancient archeotech (nice shiny equipment) or creds to be had.

I may have a table for that Wink

Is that you volunteering to sort the treasure island scenario? Tongue

I could have a look into the Zombie outbreak Haloween special if you like Chris? Thats if people would like to do it?
Sounds great, how many people do you think is feasible in a game? I am thinking four, otherwise we might not finish, but could always run two of them if enough people want to.

If you give it a bash vince that'd be cool, I don't want the rewards to be too high, since it might unbalance the campaign, but some nice rare items off the trading post list could be good for these special scenarios, and fluff wise I am thinking we hear of a rumour of treasure, make our way to the island, fight for treasure and then on the way back get attacked by zombies. But the zombie attack and the island don't have to be linked if we want to do them a different way round.

Stu, do you want to have a go at a treasure island scenario? If not I'll give it a go, doesn't have to be anything fancy, maybe extra exp for the model that finds treasure, and a few juicy bits of loot.

I'll have a go at writing one of the other scenario ideas. Prob look at running the first of these asthe second game played next month.
With the zombie outbreak scenario i was thinking having two gangs set up in the centre as if doing a trade of some kind, then you roll a d6 for each board edge, on a 4+ d6 zombies come on from that board edge from a set spawning point, this happens all game. Your objective is to escape off any board edge.
zombie profile is the same as a juve with d6 move, 2d6 charge, no BS,2 wounds and a 5+FNP save. All zombies have clubs and move towards the closest model.
This is only a basic premise though to get feedback and i will do a more indepth one if sounds okay?
You could do this as a random event ie roll d6 4-6 you end up on treasure island, 1-3 you end up on Zombie island?

With the treasure island i was thinking having 10 treasure tokens, 4 booby trapped, 2 50 cred, 2 randomly chosen Equipment/weapon(none above 20 Creds), 1 random (upto 50 creds) and one rare (upto 100 creds), these would be randomly placed on the board. If you still holding one at the end of the game (down or otherwise figures drop there token) you get to keep that item. Idea here is to get to treasure and make your way back to the board edge.
Vince's idea sound good to me. And not just because it saves me having to think of anything Smile

Just got the ocean to finish on the table, and some foliage to construct.
Sorry missed this reply.

Sounds great Vince. I think you would have to start with some Zombies on each board edge, maybe 3-5 spread out evenly per edge, or they come on end of turn 1. Otherwise it might be too easy to escape. Gangs would be allowed to fight each other, maybe shooting at each other as they leg it (trade has gone wrong). Also, if you get taken out in combat with a Zombie, there is a chance you will turn into one and be deleted from the roster? Zombie's should have to move towards the closest visible gang member. I like the random roll to see which event is played.

Treasure island idea sounds great. Three of the booby traps could go off like frag grenades, the other could be a scavvie mutant living on the island surviving by cannibalism!
Also maybe zombies can't be pinned (they don't feel fear, or pain, or remorse...)
(20-09-2012, 07:52 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry missed this reply.

Sounds great Vince. I think you would have to start with some Zombies on each board edge, maybe 3-5 spread out evenly per edge, or they come on end of turn 1. Otherwise it might be too easy to escape. Gangs would be allowed to fight each other, maybe shooting at each other as they leg it (trade has gone wrong). Also, if you get taken out in combat with a Zombie, there is a chance you will turn into one and be deleted from the roster? Zombie's should have to move towards the closest visible gang member. I like the random roll to see which event is played.

Treasure island idea sounds great. Three of the booby traps could go off like frag grenades, the other could be a scavvie mutant living on the island surviving by cannibalism!
Also maybe zombies can't be pinned (they don't feel fear, or pain, or remorse...)

I will have a look at writing it up properly over the weekend, with the Zombie one was thinking to leave it up to the players during the game to decide if they want to team up to get out or turn on each other. So you could help each other to within 8" of the board edge and then turn on each other!
2 + d3 zombies starting on each board edge, If they can see a model they move towards them, if not roll a scatter dice and d6 and they move in that direction, on a hit they move towards the closest model. Shouldn't over complicate things, but should make for an interesting game!
Sounds good, I'll finalise the treasure island one if you like.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5